Hudson Regional Hospital’s brand new, state-of-the art physical therapy facility, Hudson Physical Therapy, is now accepting patients. Physical therapy is a non-invasive discipline that works to maintain, develop, and restore maximum physical function and mobility. Below, we’ve answered some of the top questions we’ve been getting at the hospital:
Will physical therapy help treat my condition?
- Physical therapy is an effective treatment option for a broad range of orthopedic conditions, sports-related injuries, and other muscle, bone, and joint conditions, including:
- Foot & ankle injuries
- Foot fracture, foot pain, ankle ligament tears, ankle sprains
- Hip conditions
- Hip fracture. hip labral tear
- Post-joint replacement
- Hip replacement, knee replacement, shoulder replacement
- Knee conditions
- ACL injuries, knee injuries, knee ligament injuries (ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL), knee meniscus tear, patellar tracking disorder
- Shoulder conditions
- Rotator cuff tear, shoulder dislocation, clavicle fracture, and shoulder impingement
- Spine conditions
- Neck conditions, chronic back pain, sacroiliac (SI) joint pain
- Sports injuries
- Bursitis, overuse and repetitive motion injuries, stress fractures, tendonitis, shin splints
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation for athletes
- Foot & ankle injuries
Will physical therapy be covered by my insurance?
- Hudson Physical Therapy is in-network with most insurances. See a full list of participating plans here.
What types of treatment and exercises are part of the physical therapy program?
- At Hudson Physical Therapy, we use a combination of exercises and therapies depending on the patient and their needs. Our program includes:
- Individualized therapeutic exercise
- Patient exercise
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- Massage therapy
- Kinesiology taping
- Localized manual therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Functional activities and exercise
- Ice & heat therapy
Do you offer anything else besides physical therapy?
- We also offer chiropractic and acupuncture at Hudson Physical Therapy. These services are also in-network.
What if I’m already seeing a chiropractor or other provider? Can I still start physical therapy?
- Yes, physical therapy is effective (sometimes more so) in conjunction with other types of treatment provided by other physicians. Because we are a multi-specialty practice ourselves, all of our providers – physical therapists, personal trainers, chiropractors, and acupuncturists – work together to create a treatment and wellness plan to optimize the health and overall well-being of each patient.
Where is Hudson Physical Therapy located?
- Hudson Physical Therapy is located on the 2nd floor of Hudson Regional Hospital. Hudson Regional Hospital is located at 55 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ 07094.
For more information on Hudson Physical Therapy or to book an appointment, please call (201) 874-7898 or go to https://www.hudsonptnj.com/