Did you know that Bayonne passed on first reading two ordinances that would provide $100 million in taxpayer money to condemn Bayonne Medical Center through eminent domain, in what looks like an inside deal that is designed to result in the current for-profit tenant, CarePoint Health, getting off the hook after defaulting on its lease?
With no public funding required, Bayonne Medical Center can again be a high performing hospital under Hudson Regional Hospital’s ownership. Hudson Regional is committed to:
- All services covered by in-network insurance
- Fair and reasonable billing
- Significant investment in state-of-the-art, best-in-class acute care at a modernized facility
Only Politics Is In Our Way
- In its Department of Health filings, CarePoint admits it is financially and organizationally troubled.
- Facing Eviction: CarePoint has defaulted on its lease and is currently in court on eviction proceedings that could result in the termination of its tenancy.
- Questionable Deals: CarePoint’s ownership has put itself on the auction block and has been attempting to exit Hudson County. CarePoint has announced various transactions, but none have come to fruition. Its handpicked successor at Bayonne Medical Center is Surgicore, disguising itself as BMC Hospital LLC, but because that deal is all but dead, Bayonne now wants to use taxpayer money to take the hospital through eminent domain and give it to Surgicore on friendly business terms, guaranteed by taxpayer funding if Surgicore fails.
- History of Self-Dealing: The State Commission of Investigation’s March 19, 2019 report was highly critical of the fact that CarePoint’s owners extracted $157 million in questionable management fees from 2013 through 2016. Clearly, they have not invested in Bayonne Medical Center’s future in the community that they now want to abandon.
- The Department of Health has not approved BMC Hospital LLC’s application for a license.
- BMC Hospital LLC has NO acute care experience.
- With Mayor Davis’ support, BMC Hospital LLC and CarePoint have filed numerous lawsuits to disrupt Hudson Regional Hospital’s purchase of the hospital but have repeatedly suffered defeats in court.
Call your City Council and City Officials TODAY -
ask THEM how your tax dollars are being spent:
Mayor Jimmy Davis
Council President & Council Member At-Large
Neil Carroll III
1st Ward Council Member
2nd Ward Council Member Salvatore Gullace
Gary La Pelusa Sr.
3rd Ward Council Member.
Juan M. Perez
Council Member At-Large
Alicia K. Losonczy
Land Use Administrator
MEDIA COVERS THE DISASTER OF CAREPOINT
HEALTH & BMC IN BAYONNE:
Bayonne Medical Center Gets Rejected in Court READ MORE
Bayonne Medical Center’s Troubled Status READ MORE
More Losses for Bayonne Medical Center READ MORE
CarePoint Founder Surrounded by Controversy, Investigations READ MORE