Healthcare IT Internship
OPEN TO ALL MAJORS! Technical background is not required. HRH is partnering with local Colleges and Hudson County Workforce Development Board to develop workforce in Hudson and other nearby Counties to train Students and recent graduates in Healthcare IT. We plan on hiring 10 interns per year. Get free training in the growing field of healthcare technology as an IT Intern/Apprentice! There are opportunities for advancement upon completion of the program. Below are available internship opportunities with a brief job description:
Support clinical applications during implementation, upgrade, and training of Physicians and Nurses.
- This is ideal for someone with clinical background such as Nurses, Pharmacy Techs, foreign Medical Graduates, Lab Techs, Radiology Techs, and anyone from Health Science or Biology programs who wants/likes to work in IT.
- Involve in Clinical Outcomes indirectly by implementing user friendly systems and improve workflow through continuous optimization.
- Clinical background is optional but not required.
- Related jobs: Clinical Applications Analyst, Informaticist, Applications Manager, Applications Director, etc.
To support all clinical, finance and revenue cycle applications.
- This is ideal for students from all educational backgrounds. No need of clinical educational background.
- Related jobs: IT Applications Analyst, Revenue cycle applications Analyst, Applications Manager/Director.
Assist in all project management activities during new implementations.
- This is ideal for someone who likes coordinating and who is well organized.
- Related jobs: Project Coordinator/Manager, Implementation Consultant, Go-Live Support consultant, etc.
Analytics & Report Writing
Create dashboards and reports for all departments in the Hospital.
- This is ideal for someone who like to create reports/dashboards in SQL, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.
- Related jobs: Report Writer/Analyst, IT Analyst, Analytics consultant, Database Analyst/Manager, etc.
User access management, perform periodic HIPAA audits, implement risk mitigation tools and policies.
- This is ideal for someone interested in field of cyber security.
- Related jobs: Security Analyst, Consultant, Manager.
To create mobile apps, web design, scripting, etc.
- This is ideal for someone who has programming background and who likes developing new tools.
- Related jobs: Programmer, Database Analyst, Web Designer, Developer, etc.
Upgrade and manage: Servers, switches, telecom, firewalls, VPN tunnels, VDI, WiFi access points, etc.
- Windows upgrade to Win 10. Upgrade and manage end user devices, nursing carts, printers, etc.
- IT point of contact to answer all helpdesk calls, resolve any basic end user issues, create tickets for Senior IT Staff or escalate as needed to address all end users issues.
- This is ideal role for someone who likes to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to IT hardware, who has good customer service skills and who likes interacting with end users.
- Related jobs: Helpdesk tech, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, IT Manager/Director, etc.
- First 2 months: Unpaid apprenticeship/internship and probationary period. Afterwards these maybe become paid opportunities based on availability of grants from NJ State and Vendor partners.
- 3 to 6 months: Hands-on training in various divisions within IT and get trained as Super Users.
- 7-9 months: Project Management on specific projects and assist in training End Users (Physicians, Nurses, Finance Users, Ancillary Users and all Hospital Support Staff).
- 9-11 months: Resume preparation, mock interviews to prepare for job search.
- After 11 months: Assist in job placement within the Organization, with vendors and other Organizations.
Benefits to Interns and Graduates
- No cost, hands-on training to gain experience in Healthcare IT.
- All Interns will receive a Certificate of Completion within a specific internship area after 12 months.
- Positions are eligible for internship credit (3 to 6 credits) for currently enrolled students.
- Interns who complete the apprenticeship/internship program will be given priority in hiring when filling open positions within Hudson Regional Hospital and associated entities as the Organization grows. Or guidance will be provided with resume preparation and job search at other Organizations.
- Primary: Hudson Regional Hospital, Secaucus NJ
- Secondary: Ambulatory Surgery Centers in Hasbrouck Heights and Hackensack NJ.
Marketing Internship (Healthcare)
Hudson Regional Hospital is excited to offer Marketing Internship spots for the Spring 2020 Semester! Internships are available in the following areas: Marketing and Communications, Event Marketing, Writing/Editing, and Social Media. This Internship position supports HRH Marketing by performing assigned tasks and assisting with assigned projects, allowing the incumbent to gain an understanding of B2C and B2B marketing efforts. Complimentary lunch, letter of recommendation, and complimentary parking are offered, as well as an opportunity for school credit.
Essential Job DutiesParticipates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the HRH Marketing team. The following are examples of work that may be performed on each team:
- Proofreading & editing: internal and external communications, member and provider letters, scripts, blog articles, emails, and other documents as requested.
- Writing one-off letters, draft copy for web pages, scripts, copy for content library.
- Follow-up with clients, schedule meetings, prepare talking points and location details.
Marketing Project Management
- Marketing Project Management.
- Assist with creation/publication of newsletters and articles.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Update existing forms, letters, PowerPoint presentations, and other published works.
- Oversee organization of content library.
- Competitor research, gathering information from subject matter experts both internally and external.
Social Media and Content Marketing
- Assists with daily functions and maintenance of social media responsibilities, including but not limited to, updating and maintaining the editorial calendar, scheduling content in advance of publishing, sharing content as appropriate with clinical partners, monitoring and reporting on social media analytics, and tracking trending topics.
- Assists with auditing/tracking blog content to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Acts as a contact between third-party vendors to schedule multimedia production.
- Assists in writing for the blog and contributes writing for content marketing purposes.
- Contributes to social media strategy and planning.
- Student in business related fields (Finance, Communications, Marketing, English, HR, legal, etc.), who is in their third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Marketing major or minor.
- Practical experience in a marketing related area - writing, content creation, photography, editing, social media, content marketing.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and research skills.