Dr. Milad Alam, a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon, has specific training and an interest in minimally invasive surgical techniques and motion preservation (nonfusion) surgeries for the adult degenerative spine. Dr. Alam is a firm believer that his primary role as a spine specialist is to educate his patients regarding their specific conditions and potential treatment options. He is dedicated to working directly with his patients in creating customized non-surgical and surgical plans of care for their individual needs and lifestyle.
Dr. Alam has completed a combined orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowship at the University of Southern California Spine Center with a focus on adult degenerative spine conditions. Furthermore, he has complemented his fellowship training as a visiting spine fellow at Bern University Hospital in Switzerland. Dr. Alam has presented at major national spine conferences and written multiple peer-reviewed journal articles about spine conditions and surgical techniques. He is an active member of multiple professional societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AOSpine, and the North American Spine Society.
• Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
• Computer Navigated Spine Surgery
• Robotic Spine Surgery
• Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression / Microdiscectomy
• Minimally Invasive Lumbar Interbody Fusion
• Non-Operative Management of Traumatic and Degenerative Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar conditions
• Posterior Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion
• Thoracic Decompression and Fusion