Yan Moshe, the founder and chairman of Hudson Regional Hospital, recently received the Meadowlands YMCA Responsibility Award for his work in improving health care in the Meadowlands Region.
The YMCA annually recognizes individual for contributions made in its four core values, Honesty, Responsibility, Caring and Respect. The other honorees included Joe Sanzari, founder and president of Sanzari Companies; Craig Montanero, President of Kearny Bank; and Camille and Judge Robert Guida, long-time supporters of the Meadowlands YMCA.
“The statistics speak for themselves – the year before Mr. Moshe purchased the hospital it had 295 medical professionals where current count is 602. And there is a similar advancement in patient benefits – when it took over the hospital did not accept insurance and now it accepts insurances that cover 95% of all New Jerseyans. That is an awesome accomplishment in two year’s time, and knowing that there is much more in the planning stages, we are eager to see what comes next.”
“Yan Moshe could have been our award recipient in any one of our categories,” says Ron Simoncini, Chairman of the YMCA. “He had demonstrated that there are ways to solve the healthcare challenges of people in Hudson County, and in doing so he saved an asset that our community needs desperately. Mr. Moshe has secured the community’s emergency medicine resources, he has created a leading maternity department and he has provided advanced robotics and imaging equipment for surgeries that can only be performed at Hudson Regional.”
“It is with great appreciation that we recognize Mr. Moshe, our partner, our friend and our esteemed honoree.”
Mr. Moshe was introduced to a sellout crowd of more than 250 at Il Villagio in East Rutherford, by Dr. Nizar Kifaieh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Regional Hospital. Dr. Kifaieh recounted the latitude Mr. Moshe gave in recovering what had become a troubled institution called Meadowlands Hospital.
“The State required that, as a new owner, we invest more than $3 million to upgrade the hospital, but Yan Moshe has invested more than $8 million because he is committed to creating the leading independent community hospital in New Jersey,” says Dr. Kifaieh. In introducing Mr. Moshe, Dr. Kifaieh reviewed the advancements at Hudson Regional:
- We have installed state-of-the-art equipment including a Hitachi Oasis 1.2T High Field Open MRI;
- We launched The Institute for Robotic Surgery making it the only facility in the New York Metro area to offer a suite of minimally invasive surgical tools that result in patients requiring less overnight stays and less opioids for pain management because they are experiencing quicker and easier recovery periods;
- Our medical staff introduced of a patient Liaison team that has led to improved care for Pediatrics, Geriatrics and Emergency Room patients:
- We added a new pharmacy and renovated the main lobby, Maternity Ward and patient rooms;
- And finally, we’ve created community programs and partnerships including First Responder-patient communications by creating a File of Life emergency medical information card program for Secaucus citizens; we’ve hosted several Breast Cancer Screening Events open to all Hudson and Bergen County residents regardless of insurance status.
Hudson Regional Hospital is a collaborator with The Meadowlands YMCA, which participates in its health fairs at the Hospital and hosts health screenings at its facility on Murry Hill Parkway in East Rutherford. For Christmas in 2018, Hudson Regional Hospital made an $8000 contribution to needy families so they could afford daycare services at the YMCA.